The department is very pleased to welcome back Tom McEnaney who joins us from Cornell University as an advanced Assistant Professor; he earned his doctoral degree with UC Berkeley Comparative Literature in 2011. His research interests include the history of media and technology, Argentine, Cuban, and U.S. literature, sound studies, linguistic anthropology, computational (digital) humanities and new media studies. His new book, Acoustic Properties: Radio, Narrative, and the New Neighborhood of the Americas (FlashPoints at Northwestern University Press, 2017) investigates the co-evolution of radio and the novel in Argentina, Cuba, and the United States. Professor McEnaney will also be teaching in the Spanish and Portuguese Department.
- Congratulations Kareem!
- Congratulations Marlena!
- Welcome New Grad Students/Farewell to Sandy
- Congratulations Kfir!
- Kristin Ann Dickinson wins 2017 Bernheimer Award
- Preparing for and Taking your Qualifying Examinations on October 25, 2017 6:10 pm
- Spring Undergrad Research Symposium on April 7, 2018 9:00 am
- 4125 Dwinelle Hall, University of California, Berkeley