The department is very pleased to welcome back Tom McEnaney who joins us from Cornell University as an advanced Assistant Professor; he earned his doctoral degree with UC Berkeley Comparative Literature in 2011. His research interests include the history of media and technology, Argentine, Cuban, and U.S. literature, sound studies, linguistic anthropology, computational (digital) humanities and new media studies. His new book, Acoustic Properties: Radio, Narrative, and the New Neighborhood of the Americas (FlashPoints at Northwestern University Press, 2017) investigates the co-evolution of radio and the novel in Argentina, Cuba, and the United States. Professor McEnaney will also be teaching in the Spanish and Portuguese Department.
- Spring Visit Day 2018
- Vicky Kahn honored with the 2018 Martin Meyerson Faculty Research Lectures
- Comp Lit undergrad alumna now KQED music editor
- Comp Lit Undergrad writes Op-Eds for Daily Cal and Berkeleyside
- Congratulations Michael!
- Vicky Kahn featured in 2018 Martin Meyerson Faculty Research Lectures on April 4, 2018 4:00 pm
- Spring Undergrad Research Symposium on April 7, 2018 8:30 am
- Comparative Literature/Languages COMMENCEMENT on May 14, 2018 9:00 am
- 4125 Dwinelle Hall, University of California, Berkeley