Cal Day is coming soon (Saturday April 21st), and Comparative Literature will be there! Not only will we have a table (#6) in the Information Marketplace, we will also be featuring a lecture by new faculty Tom McEnaney at 11 am in 88 Dwinelle. His talk is entitled ‘Sounding “American”: Radio, Voice, and “This American Life”‘; this talk examines histories of struggles about how to represent the “vox populi” on radio in the United States. From Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s “fireside chats” to pirate radio, public radio and the voices of “This American Life,” we’ll learn how technology and culture shape each other through debates between engineers, politicians and authors creating what it means to sound “American.”
- Comparative Literature/Languages COMMENCEMENT on May 14, 2018 9:00 am
- Large Cal Day Turnout and Comp Lit was there!
- Andrew Kuznetsov receives FLAS
- Katie Kadue wins 2018 Bernheimer Award
- Spring Visit Day 2018
- Vicky Kahn honored with the 2018 Martin Meyerson Faculty Research Lectures
- 4125 Dwinelle Hall, University of California, Berkeley